Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up for our newsletter, provide information in connection with our progress rating tool, apply to be a community lead, fill out a form, request or download our resources, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request information or customer support, attend one of our workshops or events or when you otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, information about the organization or community you may be a part of and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
· Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
· Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
· Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience and see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Program. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to information about you from our other affiliated programs, publicly available sources and others who may nominate you as a community lead.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain and improve our Program and Site;
· Provide and deliver the information and resources you request, and send you related information, including the progress survey and progress rating tool;
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
· Communicate with you about resources and events offered by the Foundation and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the Foundation and others;
· Personalize and improve the Program and provide content or features that we believe you will be interested in;
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
· Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
· If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of ELN, the Foundation or others;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of ELN or Foundation assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
· Between and among Foundation programs and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other entities under common control and ownership; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
The Foundation is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site, participating in the Program, or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Information About You
You may update certain information you provide to us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from ELN by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or about the progress rating tool.